Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Are you big fan of beef? This is the perfect recipe for you!
- 4lb Ground Beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 8 oz cans tomato paste
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans
- 1/2 cup masa harina or regular cornmeal
- Shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, and sliced jalapeños, for topping
- 1 In a large heavy pot, brown the ground beef with the garlic until it’s totally cooked. Drain off most of the excess fat, leaving a little behind for moisture and flavor.
- 2 Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the liquid level seems low, add up to 1½ cups water to keep the chili from burning.
- 3 Stir the beans into the chili. In a small bowl, combine the masa harina with 1/2 cup water and stir with a fork until smooth, then stir into the chili. Let simmer for another 10 minutes to thicken. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Top with cheese, bacon and jalapeños.