Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Rev up your grill for this delicious pork dish!
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 large basil leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and ground pepper To Taste
- 2 - 3/4lb pork tenderloins
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1lb medium asparagus
- 5 oz pre-washed mesclun greens
- 3 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 In a blender, combine the vinegar with the garlic, shallot, mustard, basil, and oregano and puree. With the machine on, pour in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Grill the pork over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion and asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes for the tomatoes and 4 minutes for the onions and asparagus. Transfer to a plate.
- 4 In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the prosciutto, grilled onion and half of the vinaigrette. Mound the salad onto plates.
- 5 Thinly slice the pork and arrange it on the plates, along with grilled tomatoes and asparagus. Drizzle the pork and vegetables with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.