Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Quick and easy, this recipe is ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked ham
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock or broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh flat leafed parsley
- 4 15 oz cans white beans - no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch Salt
- 1 In a large pot or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook until onions are softened (5 minutes). Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds - 1 minute).
- 2 Add the ham and cook for a further 2 minutes, then pour in the stock. Add the bay leaves (or thyme) and parsley. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
- 3 Stir in beans and season with pepper. Let simmer for 2 minutes, taste test and season with salt if needed.
- 4 Serve warm.