Juicy Steak and Tomato Saladby Emily C.
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
A crowd pleaser.
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper To Taste
- 1 1/2lbs cherry and medium size heirloom tomatoes - cherry tomatoes halved, heirloom tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1lb left over Grilled and Chilled beef or other chilled steak, cut into strips
- 2 medium avocados- peeled, pitted and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup snapped dill
- 1/3 tarragon leaves
- 1 In a large bowl, whisk the red onion with the Champagne vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2 Whisk in the olive oil and Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Add the tomatoes, beef and avocados and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- 4 Fold in the dill and tarragon and serve right away.