Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Sausage and vegetables, what more could you want?
- 13 oz kielbasa, quartered then chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 2 medium sized carrots, chopped small
- 1 shallot or small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper, To Taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups diced and peeled Russet potatoes
- 2 packed cups baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1 Heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch Oven over heat that’s just a touch above medium. Add kielbasa, celery, carrots, shallot, and garlic then season with seasoned salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- 2 Place a lid on top then cook for 7 minutes, stirring a couple times. Remove lid then continue to saute until vegetables have softened, 5-6 more minutes.
- 3 Add Italian seasoning, undrained tomatoes, beans, chicken broth and parmesan cheese rind if using, then turn heat up to high to bring stew to a boil.
- 4 Turn heat back down to medium then add potatoes, partially cover with the lid, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5 Add baby spinach then cook until wilted, 1 minute. Scoop stew into bowls then top with parmesan cheese and serve.